Alex, a car dealer in LA, USA, asked me whether I could provide a longer list of specific China business ideas, after reading Most Profitable Business Opportunities in China for Foreigners.
Alex told me that he want to build some new business and China is his new target.
OK, here we go, let’s name it “101 China Business Ideas” first, though we might not finish it today.
Please let me know your best business ideas in China market and we can include it in this list if it is interesting and practical.
1. China Business Consulting
- Offer advisory services to overseas businesses planning to enter into the China market.
- Introduce overseas products into China market
- How to start business in China? How to find partners? What are the survival tips?
- www.sinostep.com , my consulting business offering China market entry strategy and Chinese marketing services.
2. Cross Border Business Consulting
- Helping Chinese companies go global.
- Overseas company setup and business advice.
3. Local Market Research
- Competition situation analysis
- investment opportunities and feasibility study
4. Legal Consultation
- Handle international acquisition, land purchase, property purchase etc.
6. Intellectual Property Management
- Help overseas companies to protect IP issues in China.
- apply for patents, trademarks in China.
- Find suitable buyers to sell patents and other copyrights.
Wealth Management & Financial
7. Immigration Consulting
- More profitable than overseas study.
- Helping HNW Chinese on overseas immigration.
- providing advice on overseas property, education, tax, health management too.
8. Sell Overseas Property
- A traditional but good business.
- Chinese people are keen on property investment.
- Top destinations: USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and some European countries.
- Work with overseas real estate agents, organize overseas property tours.
- Forex is tightly controlled and regulated in China but with a bright future.
- Overseas mainstream forex brokers are working with Chinese local agents to open accounts for Chinese local traders.
- In this dynamic economy, You will not lack good chances to find potential businesses.
11. Online English Teaching
- A simple fact: Most Chinese students can not speak or write good English, even after more than 10 years in English learning.
- Chao Magic English School offers online course on effective English learning method, consultation and coaching services. (Chao Magic English: Best Way to Teach English Online in China )
- Lastest years, the emerging online English teaching schools have educated the market to accept online English teaching.
- Oral English Practices are the major strength of this business.
- More creative models have been developed through WeChat, website, groups, communities, and online courses etc.
- Most foreign startups underestimate the investment and difficulties on the localization and marketing efforts in the market entry phase.
12. Online Mandarin Courses
- Offer online mandarin courses to Mandarin learners from around the world.
- Provide online Mandarins tutoring services
- Provide Mandarin learning strategies and practical training techniques
13. Set Up Your Own Web Store in China
14. Build Your Own Web Store in China
- Build your own web store and sell to China customers directly.
- You don't need to pay high cost platform fees for big local ecommerce players.
- You need to find your own way of Chinese digital marketing to get the traffic of potential buyers.
Start From Designing A Website
Ten Steps to Build Your Successful Website for the China Market
Step 1. Register Your Domain Name
Step 2. Set Up Your Email Server
Step 3. Where to Put Your Website: Web Hosting
Step 4. Easy to Build: CMS and Shopping Cart
Step 5. Get A Great Web Design
Step 6. Make Your Web Content Attractive
Step 7. Define Your Functions and Develop Them
Step 8. Test Your Website
Step 9. Chinese Localization Check
Step 10. Track, Analyze, and Optimize
15. Global Stores on Platforms
- Open your global stores on different global ecommerce platforms: Amazon, eBay, Wish, Aliexpress etc.
- Sell your products worldwide, you can focus on target countries to do precise marketing.
- Polish your skills on product selection, marketing, store optimization & management.
16. Global Official Web Store
- Build independent global official web store.
- Build your brand awareness.
- Find a small niche market to chisel in.
- Only provide boutique products.
17. Localize Your Web Store for the China Market
- You can sell directly based on your existing web store.
- You don't need to build a new web store, but you really need to change a lot and make it adapt to the China market.
- The key is the right localization, not only about language, but also logistics, payment and operations.
18. Introduce your App into China
- Localize your app into Chinese and promote it in the China market
- The localization of App is much easier than web stores.
- You need relevant licenses for many China local platforms.
- Learn Chinese digital marketing and you will find huge potential in China.
19. Online Marketplace In A Niche Market
- Global marketplace needs a lot of money to start.
- However, there are plenty of opportunities in niche markets.
- High conversions come from precise traffic of target customers.
20. Headhunting and Recruitment
- Find local talents for foreign owned companies
- or Find international talents for China companies.
- Provide salary research, legal consulting, procedure guidance and practical operations.
- Offer services of Resume selection, language check, interviews, and background check.
21. Foreign Copywriter
- Work for big Chinese companies to write world-class copies.
- Manage a team of good foreign copywriters.
- Very few Chinese local companies can provide high quality copies in English or other foreign languages.
22. Local Company Setup
- Help overseas companies to handle local company formation
- Help with all the procedures on taxes, government documents, local licenses, business registration, etc.
- Assist you with local bank account setup.
23. Rent Local Office
- Help overseas companies to find suitable location and rent the office.
- The choice shall be determined by the convenience of employees and customers, the price and the quality of the office.
24. Moving & Relocation Service
- Solve problems for expats and new immigrants.
- Help overseas companies to relocate new employees.
- Provide support on housing, education, language, etc.
25. Overseas Study Consulting
27. Dissertation Writing Service
- Err, I do not want to explain.
28. Overseas School Tours & Summer Camps
- Organize summer camps or winter camps to overseas schools.
- USA and UK top schools are hot choices.
- Dedicated tours for arts are popular too, the topic can be ballet, violin, piano, etc, and target countries can be Russia, Germany, France, Poland, USA, UK, etc.
29. Travel Agency / Overseas Travel Planner
- China’s travel and tourism market takes off.
- More and more Chinese tourists go overseas.
- Personalized travel itinerary design is welcome by many young travelers.
30. China Travel
31. Destination Hotel Promotion
- Promote your hotel in China to get more bookings from China.
- More and more destination hotels are putting efforts in regular marketing to Chinese tourists.
- Localized website with Chinese customer services and support Chinese booking is a plus.
32. Market Your Attraction to China
- Through proper marketing in China, you can get more Chinese consumers to visit your attraction as well as your stores.
- Build a dedicated website and be involved in Chinese digital marketing is an economic but very effective way.
33. Market Your Entertainment
- For dedicated entertainment, you can promote through interests groups or communities.
- Cooperate with peers of the same nature in different places.
- climbing, diving, fishing, surfing, parachuting are all good projects.
34. Invest in Hotels in China
- More high end hotels needs to be built up, esp in 1st, and 2nd tier cities.
- The population and the number of regular business travelers are the guarantee of hotel bookings.
35. Overseas Medical Tourism
- More and more Chinese are seeking overseas help in medical treatments, beauty, IVF, etc.
- USA for high end medical treatments,
- Japan and Germany for cost effective high end medical treatments.
- Other choices are Switzerland, Thailand, Korea, Israel etc.
36. Amusement parks
- Amusement parks like Disney got huge success in China, opportunities are open for more theme parks.
37. Medical Equipment Provider
- China is still lack of high end medical equipments.
- There is market for many overseas SEMs who has unique products and resources.
38. Open Foreign Hospitals, Clinics
- Heavy investment with high return.
39. High-End Medical Second Opinion Services
- Could be in written format , or through video consultation with top doctors and physicians.
40. Awesome products for Aging Market
- China needs awesome products for aging market.
- The local market is transiting to aging society quickly.
41. Nutritional Supplements
- Fish oils, and many more.
- Price in the local market is much higher than overseas market.
42. Anti-pollution products
- Anything good to sell?
- The pollution issue in many China major cities are serious.
- There are not many choices for anti-pollution products.
- Earlier there are "compressed fresh air" from Canada, Switzerland, New Zealand and South Africa coming to me for help to sell in China. I'm not sure whether this is a joke.
43. Sell Air Purifiers in China
- Sell cost-effective brands, or with great designs.
- There are already some big overseas brands in China that sell well.
44. Craft Beer
- China is not rich in the diversity of beers. Bring them in.
- China has a huge population of beer drinkers.
- Many people have the rigid impressions on the taste of beers.
45. Export Pork/Beef/Lamb to China
- Price in China domestic market is very high.
- There are factory numbers limited for market entry.
46. Export Wines to China
- Wine sales managers in China are making a lot of money. How about the bosses?
47. Export Food Products to China
- Take some market research and bring interesting food products into China. Most of them will sell well.
48. Sell Pecans, Macadamias, Walnuts, Pistachios, Hazelnuts, etc.
- Tree nuts market is booming.
- Nuts are healthy food and Chinese love them.
49. Sell Timbers to China
- High-end furnitures need high quality timbers produced overseas.
50. High-End Furniture
- A market of high profits
51. Pet Food, Pet Toys
- The pet industry is still very young in China with a very promising market.
Fashion & Luxury
52. Stylish Facial Masks
- The most common products Chinese women will buy.
- Every day, millions of facial masks had been bought from overseas travel, ecommerce websites.
53. Cosmetics to Replace Korean Ones?
- Every good product sell well here,
- even the fake ones.
- Jewelry consumption has been increasing steadily in the past few year in China.
55. Haute Couture Wedding Dress
- Tailor made high end wedding dress
56. Haute Couture Clothes
- Tailor made high end Clothes
57. Fraud Investigation
- Dig for facts, and solve problems
58. Sourcing from China
- Help clients to find suitable factories to produce desired products.
- negotiate with factories on product design, production, time frame, price, packaging and shipment.
59. Sourcing from China and Sell on eBay/Amazon
- Find profitable products in China and sell on global marketplace, particularly Amazon and eBay.
- You can hire a sourcing agent or do it yourself.
61. Product Inspection
- It can be a standalone service.
- help clients to ensure the quality during the production or before the shipment.
62. Shipment Arrangement
- Timely arrangement with best resources.
- cost effective and reliable.
Education & Training
63. Online Expat Training
- Training expats living in China
64. Private Language Schools for Kids
- Offer after-school private language tutoring services.
- Focus on listening and speaking, or focus on tests
65. Private Art Schools for Kids
- Offer after-school private art tutoring services: painting, music, dance, etc.
66. Private Sports Schools for Kids
- Offer after-school private sports tutoring services: artistic roller skating, soccer, fencing, etc.
67. Private Early Education for Babies
- It’s popular in China and parents are willing to pay.
68. Mandarin Chinese School
- Open mandarin school for expats.
69. Mandarin Chinese Tutor
- Provide home teacher for Chinese tutoring.
- Most students are kids from the expat families.
Clean Technology / Ecological
70. Solar Energy
- Introduce advanced solar energy to China.
7. Garden Landscape Engineering
- You have plenty of projects.
72. Clean Energy
- Very promising business in the next 20 years.
73. Afforestation Business
- The huge market with low level technology needs improvements in the coming future.
74. Water Filtration Systems
- People needs clean water, the polluted water is still a big problem nowadays in China.
75. Chinese Digital Marketing Consultant
- Promote overseas business online in China.
- Draft Chinese digital marketing strategy for the business.
76. Global Digital Marketing Consultant
- Help China merchants to do business in the world.
77. eMail Marketing Expert
- Help China merchants to launch professional email campaigns
- Draft the global email marketing strategy
- Design the email template, set up the list, set up the leads generation form.
80. Chinese Copywriting
- Instead of translating ready English content, you should rewrite articles for the China market.
- Hire dedicated Chinese writers for this job.
81. Short-Video Editing & Shooting
- Short-videos are increasingly popular in online marketing.
- Knowledge and experience on short videos helps you win more business opportunities.
82. Chinese Cartoon Designer
- Well designed cartoons, Avatars, Mascots, Emojis can be Verial in digital marketing.
- Design unique services on these niche markets will win you big share of the future market.
83. PPC Expert
- Paid traffic is fast to get and can bring quick results.
- But it's not easy to do the job well.
- A good PPC expert needs to understand the business, design the best landing page, optimize the list of long tail keywords, do the A/B testings all the time, and get the best traffic that can convert.
Software & Development
84. eCommerce Machine Translation Solutions
- Offering effective industrial machine translation services will help merchants get better conversions and higher income.
- accurate human translation needs a lot of money, but poor quality machine translation force buyers to abandon the shopping cart.
85. Creative Game Developer
- To win huge population of Chinese game players.
86. Software Outsourcing
- Hire Chinese local coders and work on international projects。
- Dedicated people working on their expertise: negotiation, project management, coding, testing, etc.
- Win bigger orders.
Entertainment & Fitness
87. Independent Film Distribution
- The booming entertainment market made almost every imported film a great success.
88. Gym, Health & Fitness Clubs
- The Gym, Health and Fitness Clubs industry in China has been developing rapidly in recent years.
- Many successful overseas models could be transplanted into China.
89. Wedding Photographer
- Provide unique style, wedding pictures services.
- Overseas wedding photography tours are popular too.
- Losing weight in a healthy way.
- Scientific theory, reliable supply of the healthy ingredients are the guarantee of the success.
91. Architectural Design
- Most high end artwork are done by overseas architects.
- A lot of work has been subcontracted to small firms or freelancers.
92. Interior Design
- There are a huge number of potential clients.
- With the combination of high end design concept with local implementation, some brilliant ideas could be possible.
93. Web Design Agency
- Hire Chinese local web designers and work on international projects.
94. Website/App User Experience Designer
- Professional UE designers are very few in the market.
- With the cross-border marketing and cultural knowledge, you will be very competitive in the market.
95. Photo Editing
- Many photographers and ecommerce websites need to outsource their photo editing jobs.
- You can raise a team of photo editors and they could be quite busy when there are some stable clients.
- A great customer service expert is a senior sales manager, indeed.
- Sort out all the feedback from customers and compile them to be a complete Q&A database.
97. Events Management
- You can be hired to manage a seminar, a party, a meeting.
- Many companies might need some project managers to help them cover all the details of the event.
98. Business Coach
- A direct way to monetize your knowledge is to coach other people.
- Some of my previous clients had hired business coaches for selling, market entry strategy, and global marketing.
- I am now offering this too.
99. We Media
- Find what are unique in yourself.
- You can find your uniqueness more easily when it's crossing borders.
- A German guy married a Chinese girl writes a lot about his life in China, and becomes the cultural ambassador between Germany and China.
- Find hot topics that most of your target audience care the most and you can monetize them anyway.
100. Selling Online Courses
- Develop your own courses and sell them online.
- It's painful to prepare the course because it takes a lot of your time. But you only need a little time to maintain it when it's done.
- You can scale up your business quickly without increasing significant costs.
101. Virtual Assistant
- Basically, You can get most of your jobs done in China with a top-notch China Virtual Assistant.
- Form a VA team itself might be a good business idea.
What Are Your China Business Ideas?
Prepare Your China Market Entry Strategy
Turn your China business idea into a feasible strategy before your heavy investment.